Saturday, November 7, 2009

And it finally begins!

Well, I-Week starts tomorrow, Sunday the 8th. I cannot believe how far time has come. It feels like just the other day I was watching these guys go through their first pledge meeting at the fountain by the bell tower.

This begins, what I hope, will be an eye-opening experience for these guys. They are ready, but at the same time they aren’t. No one is ready to be initiated into Sigma Chi until they are. My hope for them is that they remain open-minded, remember they have a lot left to learn about this amazing Fraternity, and give everything they have to this week. I wish them all the best of luck.

With that in mind, I am going to do my best this week to re-experience I-Week. For me, this is the chance to see what these guys go through to help them better understand what is happening. This means I am going to try and work under the same conditions. I will be dressed to the 9s every day, I will be speaking only of Sigma Chi, and I will be trying my best to refrain from facebook. I will check in occasionally, but this week is not about frivolity. I hope, again, that my soon to be new brothers realize this through and through. Trust me guys, this week will mean to you what you put into it!

I leave you with this proverb that is a guiding force in my life, think of it as you head into this week. Lean on your brothers, they will make you stronger.

"As Iron Sharpens Iron, So One Man Sharpens Another." Proverbs 27:17

In Hoc- Chrispy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.