It is often said that the road to hell is paved with good intentions. What about indifferent intentions?
I like the relationship I have with most of my friends and brothers. It is fun to joke around, tease each other, and not take life to seriously. But, sometimes it can go to far. I have been learning where that line is with different people for a long time, and I am coming closer to having a full understanding, but there is always a risk I ignore the line. If I ever have, I am sorry for that.
I also have trouble telling people where my line exists. That leads to people offending me without them even knowing it. Recently, a couple of friends joked about me getting off my ass and getting a job. I am not happy being unemployed; it makes me feel worthless and useless. I realize that this likely isn’t how others see me, but that is how I feel. So, to everyone, please lay off those jokes. I busted my ass through college to be unemployed and saddled with surmounting debt. I am not happy without a job, and I am not lazy.
Also, I overreact. It is who I am. My emotions are securely stored on my sleeve, they always have been. Good, or bad, that is me. So, continuing on in life, I unblock my facebook and I ask you all to keep the joking within bounds, and if I ever cross the line with you, tell me. I will do the same.
~Chrispy~

No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.