Wednesday, April 28, 2010

A Change is Gon’ Come

It seems wild to me how time flies by so quickly. Until recently, I have let things go by, with little care about where they were leading. This all changed last month when I went home to New Mexico for my little sister’s wedding. It seemed that time stood still for that little amount of time. My sister is all grown up now and her name is Megan Martin, not Brooks. Without a doubt, her wedding was amazing. Even with the wedding crashers and the outrageous bar tabs, it was one of the greatest times I have had in recent memory. I got to reconnect with family I had lost touch with, and though that didn’t go according to plan, I walked a way a new man again.

Reinventions happen all the time. People realize they are not living their lives the way they intended and they make changes. Well, this trip was what I needed to realize this. Now, a month later, it seems like a change is gonna come. (Sam Cooke song, amazing, listen:)

 

This song seems to wrap up how I have felt in the past. Things have not been easy, and I don’t know what is to come, but I am certain a change is gonna come!

My plans for the future are not set yet, and they are dependent upon some different factors that I don’t control, but something will hopefully be happening very soon. I will keep you all updated as things happen, but just know that the changes in the future are the best for me, and as tough as they are, they are right.

Now, I have to take a second and make some apologies. As life moves on and things start rolling, it seems I am terrible at staying in touch with those I love. This is a recurring theme in my life, and I fear I hurt people and make them think I don’t love them. This, I PROMISE, is not the case. So, I have missed birthdays, life changes, and other important developments in my friends’ and family’s lives. I am so sorry. I will do my best to catch up, but please don’t take this to mean I don’t want you in my life. I love you all! (And you know who you are, if you don’t, then ask.)

For now, I wrap up this post. But things could happen soon and life will get hectic again, so I hope I can keep you all updated. Until then, here goes nothing.

 

Always,

Chrispy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.