Saturday, July 4, 2009

What A Crazy Week It Has Been

It never ceases to amaze me. What? Everything in life. You might think you have everything figured out one day. Relaxing your guard, feeling comfortable living your life. The, all of a sudden that all changes, again. I seem to experience this a lot in life. The ebbs and flows of my life have been non-stopping, so I am not sure why I am surprised. So, first I start the week behind in work and school. No surprises there, if this weren’t the case I would actually become concerned. Bottom line is I got caught up.

The EXCITING part of my week is that I decided it was about damned time to get healthy again. Most of you who know me have seen me through ups and downs in my health. Most of that is due to the choices I was making. I finally quit smoking, for real this time. (This was almost a month ago, FYI.) I know I have said this before, and I hope this is the last time I say this. I have been using the patch and really have little to no cravings left. At any rate, the cool thing is that I joined the gym this week. Did you know it is addicting to exercise? Or at least for me it is. I have been to the gym every day except Saturday. I know, I have to be careful and can’t weight train everyday, but I can do cardio everyday. I love it. I feel healthier already. Now the trick is to eat healthier. I am trying, but it is not easy. It is a work in progress, but it has progressed.

Next up, Sigma Chi. I love being the chapter advisor, but there are times when I want to scream at the top of my lungs for someone to F off. At the same time, it has taught me a lot, including restraint. Usually when I write about Sigma Chi, it will and is always positive. This week I am frustrated but I still LOVE it. I am very proud of the undergrads. They are really working hard and making things happen. Hopefully they know how proud we all are of them. The work never seems to stop, but that is ok. The pay off will come and make it all worth it.

Thanks for reading. I really hope people will read this. It is nice to put it out there, but I want to know it is not for nothing. Please, make comments anytime.

 

~Chrispy~

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.