OK, So this might be a little behind. I mean, MJ died two weeks ago, but it took me sometime to know what I really thought and felt.
First let me say I am a HUGE MJ Fan. From the Jackson 5ive to Dangerous, even all the way to Scream, I have loved his music. He was a very talented musician, dancer, and entertainer. NO ONE could deny this, and if they do they do not know what they are talking about. Even my dad, who is quite possibly the most random person on earth, HAD to admit that when he was the lead for Jackson 5ive he was great. He might not have liked his solo work (though I think he would tap his toes to Thriller) but he could not deny the talent. Aside from his talent, MJ set a standard. SO many artists today became what they are because of him- Justin Timberlake, Usher, Chris Brown, etc. The list really goes on and on. His musical and other talents forever put a mark on this planet and can NEVER be forgotten, plain and simple. He was, with no doubt, the King of Pop and the Greatest Entertainer of his time. (I can’t say all time because we don’t know what might come in the future.) He was the Elvis of his time.
Second, there is no doubt that he had an interesting life. Some might say it was a messed up life. I want to make a few points though. In the United States, you are INNOCENT until proven guilty. MJ was acquitted the second time, and the first time it didn’t go to court. I know he settled, but that doesn’t mean guilty. As a matter of fact, the kid who made the claim is now reportedly recanting. Regardless of what he did or didn’t do, it is wrong to go on TV and attempt to make a name for yourself by degrading him and calling him a piece of dirt. More importantly, some people have said the world and humanity is a better place with him dead. HOW DARE THEY. He was a father, son, brother, uncle, etc. Show some damned respect for life. As someone who lost a parent at a young age (I was 10 when my mom died) I know what it feels like. If someone, even today, speaks poorly of my mother it hurts. It is like a knife slamming into my heart. Don’t do that to those kids, they are innocent and don’t deserve for their father’s name to be drawn through the dirt.
Finally, I want to recognize what he did for the world. He contributed more money to charity than any other celebrity. He made strides for racial equality. He tried to save the world. That might sound like an over exaggeration, but I don’t know what else you would call what he did.
He touched the entire world (leave out the jokes) and made a difference. He will be remembered forever. Michael Jackson, thank you for all you did for our world.
~Chrispy~

No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.